• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Hubs warm after driving.

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
I just noticed today that after driving my, driver side hub gets very warm but the passenger side does not. Any ideas?

Bad bearing(s) or improper pre-load.

I should have described it better its just the Warn manual hub not the wheel hub, that stays super cool to the touch.

Is it unlocked? :p

Maybe you've got it mounted too close to your exhaust. :D

I can't think of any reason the outer hub would get warm but the inner not. Strange to me.

I'm going to pull it, clean it, and re-lube it later.

I'm just pulling the locking hub, I greased the wheel bearings when I did balljoints earlier this week.

Was it getting warm before? Sounds like wheelbearings to me. too. :/

Was it getting warm before? Sounds like wheelbearings to me. too. :/

It's just the warn locking hub thats getting warm though everything else is very cool.

It's just the warn locking hub thats getting warm though everything else is very cool.

Is it that the other parts are very cool, or is it that the steel parts are dissipating heat faster than the plastic parts and feel cool?

Is it that the other parts are very cool, or is it that the steel parts are dissipating heat faster than the plastic parts and feel cool?
Possible but I should still be able to feel a little heat coming off the the steal parts especialy since there isn't a lot of surface area exposed to moving air and the hubs have paint that should act as an insulator. Steel isn't that efficient at moving heat either.

Back