• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fog light bypass

Perdido420

NAXJA Forum User
need some help. I want to use my factory wiring to hook up my off road lights how do I by pass the hi beem switch on the fog lights ? I wantn them to stay on when I turn the HI beams on. Any help?

In the power cluster of wires that feed the low and high beams, there is a power wire that is on all the time. When I set up my fog lights, that is where I feed them from. Look in either the chiltons or haynes manual as they have the wiring diagram listed. I have both manuals so I don't remember which one I used.

If you do this, your fog lights will be on as long as the switch is on regardles of the ignition switch.

thanks for the help I have a chiltons manual and the diagram did not show what I needed I will give the haynes a try.

and just to let you know I did do a search first!!!!:flame:

The wire that feeds the fog switch is connected at the low beam side of the dimmer switch, look for it there and connect it somewhere else.

Having said that do it right, Fog and driving lights are something no one should be without.

I have both and would never give up either and as it turns out I use the Fog lights way more than the driving lights.

One other thing NC and most stated require that the driving lights go off with low beams, so you may want to use the wire that connects to the High beam side of the dimmer switch.

Last edited:
Back