• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody running a pa system off of there cb?

Shane_92-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
just curious i have a old car alarm speaker laying around was wondering if it would work for a pa speaker if i hooked it to speaker wire and a jack

anyway just another super noob cb question i can't find any info on it google let me down

-Shane

if it's actually a car alarm speaker, it should work. If it's a siren it probably won't since those have built in electronics so you just feed them 12 volts.

ya, bought a speaker at a truck stop for 10$ and plugged in a jack in the back of the cb. isn't the loudest but it works and its just fun to have

the volume control on my CB controls the output volume of the PA, so try turning it up a bit. i used to have an 8" PA horn from radio shack on one of my old jeeps, it was a lot of fun.

just have to watch out, any incoming chatter on the CB also gets played over the PA. weather band too

i used to have one, funnest thing ever lol

I have one wired to mine. It was fun before I grew up. It has probably been a few years since I have used it, but it's still there, hooked up and working, in case I ever find a need to use it.

I have one on my cb. My inside speaker
quit working so now I have to use it while parked so I can hear the cb lol. I find them helpful to tell other drivers that their tailights is out and needs fixed before the fuzz stops them--something about being pulled over with a longneck between your legs suxs--I didn't say that out loud did I??? Lol

I run a PA speaker from my CB on my front bumper. I get a lot of use out of it, I use it to call out to my spotter, I use it to cuss out people who get in my way on the road, and I use it to listen to my CB when I am having lunch. My favorite on the PA is to tell people "Please proceed across the intersection, shut off your vehicle and come out with your licence and registration." They do pull forward, and you can see them looking around for the police car, but it does get them the hell out of my way.

I just ran a light wire thru a length ofwindhshield wiper tubing (makes great protection against cutting or nicking up the wire) from my interior, thru my firewall, along my upper fenderwell, and then pulled it down thru the grille onto my bumper. If I am parked in a questionable area, I leave the PA speaker on at a low level, with the wire plugged into my CB output, and it mumbles out hisses and conversation that is very policelike.

I use one with my Uniden CB. I turn the squelch to max, the gain to zero, and the volume to max. That way the incoming CB broadcasts don't get passed to the PA unless someone is VERY close by.

I also just ran the PA speaker (radio shack) right to the PA output jack of the CB. But does anyone run an amplifier or some sort to make it louder? I've seen people on the trail (or even LE for that matter) that have PA systems MUCH MUCH louder than mine. Any suggestions?

I have one on my cb. My inside speaker
quit working so now I have to use it while parked so I can hear the cb lol. I find them helpful to tell other drivers that their tailights is out and needs fixed before the fuzz stops them--something about being pulled over with a longneck between your legs suxs--I didn't say that out loud did I??? Lol
nominated

you are a complete moron for drinking and driving

no, claiming you were just using it as an example and it didn't actually happen won't make us think you aren't stupid.

PA systems or drunk drivers, which is worse...

...PA systems!

Pretty much. People with PA systems are not necessarily bad people, but those who use it to talk to other people on the road need to have their testicles removed through their anus. Flippin' Morons

That sounds fine for Florida.

Beats the hell out of rolling your window down and sticking your head out the window and yelling!

Man! we are in California here. We have one hand already tied up on the cell phone, the other is for driving and for managing beverages.

My favorite on the PA is to tell people "Please proceed across the intersection, shut off your vehicle and come out with your licence and registration." They do pull forward, and you can see them looking around for the police car, but it does get them the hell out of my way.

That is exactly why is is illegal in many states to have the PA system connected on a CB radio.

Be careful. it'd suck to get fined for it.

It is very useful when you are talking to your spotter. You can see him make motions, but you can't really effectively talk to him. With the PA on the front bumper you can ask Qs, or
communicate easier, for example when he gives you the finger, you can ask him if it is driver or passenger side!!!

Back