• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are these Legit

if your looking for great lights for a small price check out harbor freights 6 in offroad lights they r 15 bucks a piece and look exactly lik kc daylighters and outshine my friends hella 500s i bought four for 51 bucks cause i had a coupon but they tend to go on sale often

Well I was just wandering if they are going to fall apart the second i get them. My name is Blind Driver for a reason I am partially blind and cannot drive at night. These would be purely for looks and maybe the one or two times we play football at night before a camp out.

If you're not going to use them, it doesn't matter whether they're legit or not, but the 7 day guarantee should answer your question, along with the seller commenting that he doesn't know what he's selling until he opens the box...

The seller looks legit. 18k ratings and 99.8% positive. 4 lights, 4 extra bulbs, 2 wiring harness with relays, 2 extra relays and two sets of light covers, seems like a reasonable deal.

Quality? I wouldn't bet on it. Do you want to be replacing parts and painting over rusting hardware in three months or less? They're cheap for a reason. Yes, they'll put out a lot of light, but if it's not a good pattern it won't be much help.

Run them on the street and you will get pulled over.

All four lamps on at once will draw 50 amps. That's a LOT of power, and could cause other issues.

i'll agree with everything said above, and add that with that smooth lens and smooth reflector they are going to be a spot light, not a flood. you will get very directional light in a relatively small area. great for long distance but not so good for lighting up a wide area. just something to keep in mind.

Hella 700s can be had for around $90 a pair and then throw 35w HID conversion for around $50 and you have a sick light.

The procomp racing style lights are around $80 each and they are very sweet looking.

The checker HIDs can be found for around $100 each
http://www.sidebysidesports.com/4hidlicuac.html
Four pack of the 4" or the 7" for $310!!!!

the reason they got 99.9% positive feedback, is 99.9% of ebay doesnt know shit about offroad lighting. and 99.9% of these go on cheerleader jeeps that dont even use them, so yeah, go ahead.

east coasters dont need good lights anyways.

''OK'' lights with ''OK'' optics are fine, when you dont go very fast. here in socal, proper high speed lighting is a must.

2 differant kinds of wheeling are being done, cheap lights dont work well for us that go fast. if you dont know, consider yourself part of the 99.9 percentage.

on my dads wrangler I threw on some cheap hella daylighter copies from auto zone $99 for 4. They do fine and really make a difference when added to hi beams on and offroad.

they only come in chrome and clear lens at autozone though, so buy these if you want black. there is a little bit of rust after about a year on mine, thinking of roughing them up and painting black.

''OK'' lights with ''OK'' optics are fine, when you dont go very fast. here in socal, proper high speed lighting is a must.

2 differant kinds of wheeling are being done, cheap lights dont work well for us that go fast. if you dont know, consider yourself part of the 99.9 percentage.

no, you're right.... really. Nobody East of West LA ever sees speed fast enough to require good lighting-- especially anyone on the East Coast.

I personally run about the cheapest lights I can find, but mine are pretty out in the open and just asking to get smashed on a tre or something. If you ride like I do I would buy the cheap kit, then you can put better lights on when you are sure you won't be knocking them off of where they are mounted.

Back