• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ Grounding issues

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched this but didn't find the answer yet.

I read up on chassis grounds since the PO had the bed off before I bought the MJ. I looked in the tail light bucket and found the ground in there less than OK so I shined everything up and tightened THAT ground up. Then by the fuel pump there is another ground (looks like ~12 ga. wire) to the frame rail.

Is there supposed to be another ground from the cab to the bed? Bed to the frame rail?

I'm trying to chase down the fuel delivery issue. I have NOT changed out the CPS. The FP relay is clicking away. I swapped it with a good relay from my XJ. Still no joy.

I have replaced the block to firewall strap with a 4 ga. cable, and an additional ground from neg post on battery to body. Headlights, tail lights, markers all work. Front blinkers, parking lights do not work.

Don't know if there is one from the factory, but it can't hurt anything. I'd throw a 10ga or stronger ground cable from the bed to the frame rail personally just for peace of mind.

Back