• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EOR cage questions

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
I just started mocking my EOR cage for my '90 4dr. Right off the bat i thought i received the spreaders for the two door model. The front spreaders are too long and the rear are too short. My son and I held up the speaders in a family members two door and it seemed like a perfect fit. I contacted EOR and they said the measurements i gave them for the spreaders was for the four door XJ. Also the front hoop seems just a little catawampus. It isn't even from side to side. I figured i'll shorted it on the drivers side. I sent EOR a link to some pics, but have yet to hear from them. The pictures on their site are currently down. Does anyone have pics of their EOR cage? blaise
link to my pics
http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/blaisetd/EOR 4 Dr XJ cage/

it looks to me like you're laying the front "A" pillars over too much. They should be more vertical, thus pushing the bar closer to the windshield, and bringing the "B" pillar into position

ha, i used to work at EOR.... they have this goofy lookin little short guy with a poop-eatin-grin on his face that made your cage. we call him joe dirt, for obvious reasons that you figure out when you meet him. they don't have the measurements for their cages written down, they just try to mimick their templates over and over again, which were made ten years ago by a guy that has his own shop now. if you go with their stuff, you'd be better off actually making them put it in.

ha, i used to work at EOR.... they have this goofy lookin little short guy with a poop-eatin-grin on his face that made your cage. we call him joe dirt, for obvious reasons that you figure out when you meet him. they don't have the measurements for their cages written down, they just try to mimick their templates over and over again, which were made ten years ago by a guy that has his own shop now. if you go with their stuff, you'd be better off actually making them put it in.

Wow...

-Alex

EOR was nice enough to send me a new front hoop.....still waiting on it. I've found a good bit of rust since pulling my carpet so i'm taking care of that in the mean time. blaise

Back