• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension upgrade questions

posa88xj

NAXJA Forum User
1988 xj 4.0 auto.....first off one of my rear leafs is sagging, and i want to replace all the springs and struts. my question is, on quadratec, where i was looking at some old man emu stuff they have a couple different options that i was thinking of.since i will replace all the springs i want to add about 2 or 3 in, lift. the describtion for the 2 of the differnt springs are "2 in light load" and "2 in meduim load".... the front I have figured, but the back is where im having trouble. for one what would be the differnce between "light", "medium", and" heavy". second what would anyone sugest for a 2 or 3 in lift with new springs. also would I have to modify anything else also? longer brake lines,driveshaft....ect.
Thanks for any help

well the difference in the springs as i understand it is wieght and abuse the spings will take before sagging. light load spring may flex but may not last as long as medium or heavy load springs. as long you don't go over three IMO you can just upgrade the front spring or use a spacer and new rear leafs or lift shackles. you could also use blocks i however don't like them. that is all you need to do for 2-3" of lift. you can always do more and change out all the things you mentioned as well get a sye and quick disconnects :)

Back