• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumpers

posa88xj

NAXJA Forum User
First off I am not sure where to put this topic, I am hoping here is fine.
I want to build myself a set of bumpers for a 88 xj. My cousin built a rear tire carrier or his parents 91, so I think I cant work off that for the rear, but my question is the front. I would like to know if anyone has plans and diminsions they would like to share, or if anyone has any tips for something like this. It wouldnt have to have the winch mount" would be nice" but something of this design, that atleast I could have a couple D rings on.

Thanks for any help

It might sound strange, but I always build bumpers out of cardboard first! This way when your done you can use each piece as a template for cutting it out of steal. Does not work for tube bumpers tho :p....Unless you came up with a creative way to use wrapping paper tubes....

It might sound strange, but I always build bumpers out of cardboard first!

Cardboard bumpers are the best!!! with a little reinforcing, they can even withstand highway speeds:D

2db9vls.jpg

LMAO!!! I cant figure out the image thing, But have a very similar design! With 200 mph masking tape!! Truly is the best way to do it.

Back