• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor temp problem

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
So i was driving in the mountain the other day where it was like 30 degrees and my motor temp was at like 160 or 170 then my motor temp was not on the coldest mark but was on the second mark so like 110 or 120 after the jeep running for like 45 min. Also i started it up and let it warm up for like 40 minutes and the temp was 1 mark before half then when i started driving it went back down to 110 or so? and the heater will not blow hot air? can some body help me here?

hmmm maybe where is the thermostat located? is it where the hose from the radiator connects to the block? and would that be why my heater is not working

thermostat is where your upper hose meets the block. if the motor is cold your heater will blow cold. it uses the water from the motor (read on your temp gauge) runs it through a small radiator in the car with a fan on it. the fan pushes air into the cab through that small radiator producing heat!

If engine temp is low, then I agree that the thermostat is suspect. They are often overlooked. Cab heat is simply a byproduct of solid engine temperature. Your engine temp should be around the 200 mark give or take a few.

Easy and inexpensive to change. I recommend using a premium stat.....one purchased directly from Jeep or a Stant Superstat. Be sure that the thermostat has a small bleed hole which goes to the top.

If you're doing the stat, a good time to flush/fill the system with fresh 50-50 conventional green coolant. Verify strength with a hydrometer.

Back