• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kinda a no start

XJeeper87

NAXJA Forum User
I hate my jeep it randomly hates me it cranks over but im 99%T sure the injectors arent firing because it wont start BUT if I pour gas or starting fluid in TB it fires right up and runs perfect. And sometimes it fires right up perfect. I just put a Brand new battery in it and it worked good for first 2 or 3 starts but the prob came back im sooo pissed at this POS wont run right and tonight the rear Axle went kablooie

If it starts with starting fluid or gas introduced manually, then you have confirmed you have a "fuel delivery" problem.

Do you always hear the fuel pump energize and run for a couple of seconds when you turn the key on? That is how it is designed to work. When was the last time the fuel filter was changed? Easy to do for an 87 as it resides along the frame rail.

I would recommend that you get a hold of a fuel pressure gauge (they can be rented from many parst stores) and see exactly what your fuel pressure numbers are at the schrader valve on the fuel rail. Compare your numbers to factory spec.

Yes the fuel pump comes on when u turn the key on for a few seconds. And yes it is on while cranking. And if I press in the schrader valve gas squirts out. O and BTW this just all of the sudden started happening

Yes the fuel pump comes on when u turn the key on for a few seconds. And yes it is on while cranking. And if I press in the schrader valve gas squirts out. O and BTW this just all of the sudden started happening

Hearing the fuel pump and having pressure at the schrader valve are things you can try but they absolutely don't rule out a fuel problem. You need to test for exact pressure numbers at that valve. And how about that filter??

Its the TPS if i disconect it it starts perfect???????? anyways and if i recconect it it runs perfect?? but if i start it and leave it disconected it will almost die when i hit da throttle WTF is up wit renix

Its the TPS if i disconect it it starts perfect???????? anyways and if i recconect it it runs perfect?? but if i start it and leave it disconected it will almost die when i hit da throttle WTF is up wit renix

The throttle position can be checked for a smooth voltage sweep with a manual and a meter (analog preferred).

Also know that the throttle position sensor on RENIX (87-90) is adjustable. Be sure that yours is adjusted properly when all is said and done.

Back