• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need some good adventure books!

jakeWI

NAXJA Forum User
What books would you guys suggest I check out? Anything to do with adventure, fiction to guide. Camping & hiking (especially SW and NW), jeeps, national parks, the old west any and all books.

Jake

I had the same thought, albeit a slightly different direction. I bought a California adventure book at a local Barnes and Noble so my wife and I could do different things (see also have an adventure) in the area that we would not normally do. While shopping there, I found several great books that might answer your question. Shop your B and N store and look for your region. I was amazed at the variety of stuff out there for cheap.

Check here!

These books are available from several sources. Amazon, Barnes & Noble or directly from FFunTreks. They are also available in just about every tee-shirt shop in Moab.

The Moab book is in color. The California books are B&W. The color contrast makes for easier map reading. Another hint. If offered pay the extra $$$ and get the book spiral bound.

and the most important part.
Have Fun

Are you looking for guide books, history of an area, or....?

thanks for the links guys. as far as the books, i really just wanted some new ones to look for especially anything that has to do with the west. whether it be guide to history, really no limit.

i recently bought:

Insight Guides: US National Parks West
National Geo: Guide to the National Parks of the United States, 6th edition

A few I found at amazon I was thinking about:

High-Performance Jeep Cherokee XJ Builder's Guide 1984-2001- Eric Zappe

The Real Deadwood: True Life Histories of Will Bill Hickock, Calamity Jane, Outlaw Towns, and Other Characters of the Lawless West - John Edwards Ames

The Shooters - Leon Claire Metz

Draw: The Greatest Gunfights of the American West - James Reasoner

True Tales and Amazing Legends of the Old West: From True West Magazine - Editors of True West

Boater's Guide to Lake Powell - Michael R. Kelsey

My Professor told me about two other books I should check out. Have any of you ever read them?

Desert Solitaire
Monkey Wrench Gang

both by the author Edward Abbey

Back