• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower seat cushion rotation

If you disassemble the seats, you can swap the foam out, but it requires a little cutting/gluing. One corner on each cushion is cut out- I cut the other corner off, glued it back on the other side, and put them back together. Just swapped them back in a week or two ago- so far so good.

I've done this on older and newer seats. Older are easier-same whole cushion assembly. Newer ones, like previously suggested, swap the inner foam. Best bet is to get a right side foam at the JY, leave your right seat alone-that way you won't be fixing two! Most seats from '95 on are the same pads/structure inside the upholstery. I had a cherry '96 Country right lower cushion, to fix my crushed driver's pad, but scored an entire '98 interior from a C4C car. The driver's side cushion outer was 1" lower than the inside corner, so I swapped in the '96 cushion. They even had the same part # stenciled on the foam. While the seat was out, I found a '95 power base for the driver's seat. There's a lot of nice stuff in the yards right now, with orange paint on the engines!

I have seen some parts with Orange paint on them too that came from salavage yards why are they doing that?

The color is the lovely shade of Obama Orange. It means the vehicle was traded in for a Cash for Clunkers rebate, and the engine was supposed to have been destroyed by pouring sodium silicate into the crankcase to seize the engine, rendering the vehicle virtually worthless. The engines were painted orange to identify them as part of the program, and as such, illegal to sell the engine blocks and heads, although anything else on the vehicle is OK to use. Part of the deal is that the JY paid $200 for the vehicle, and is supposed to crush it no later than 180 days after they got it, although I don't see this being able to be enforced.
ObamasMagicElixer.jpg

Back