• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 Slave Cylinder - Need HELP

markjrs3

NAXJA Forum User
So i'm in the middle of a slave replacement for my 97. got the bolts and the pin out, but the line is still stuck. After a couple of rounds of PB and having it next to a space heater still nothing. It's in Maine and about 20 degrees so i'm thinking that has something to do with it, but ive pulled about as hard as possible and still it won't budge. anyone have any ideas?

So you've taken out the cross pin that retains the line in the cylinder, right? All I can suggest further is that you try twisting it. It should come out, but because it's been seated in there for 12 or more years, and wasn't actually meant to be taken apart at all, it might be pretty snug. The line inserts into the cylinder with a sealing ring at the bottom, which should be provided with your new slave. The pin engages a groove in the end of the line, which should allow it to rotate. It might be possible to crack loose whatever bond is holding it. Just make sure you don't twist the line itself too hard. Don't forget that if you're tossing your old slave, you need not be too kind to it. Maybe you can crack or cut it a little to expand it, without damaging the line.

Aren't the 97 up master\slave sold as an assyambley with the line full of fluid ready to bolt on.I know they were on my 97 tj good luck with it.

Back