• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BB lift

teevexj

NAXJA Forum User
So I currently have a 3" suspension lift in my 89 2 door. I want to give it a little more lift so I can put bigger shoes on it, I was thinking about doing a 1.5 coil spacer and a 1.25 shackle, which would fix my pinion angle because it's currently a little too low correct? I am collecting parts for my hack n' tap and getting extended brake lines so I'm ok there, but for extending the bump stops what would be the best solution?

bump stops for the front, use hockey pucks screwed or glued to the coil buckets

for the rear, extend the bump stop with some box steel.

what are you going to do about extending the track bar, lower control arms, end links.

going from 3" to 4.5 is not as simple as adding height to your springs.

up to 3 - 3.5 is a happy place 4.5+ gets a little more involved and spendy to do things correctly

As for the track bar, lca's and end links I could just pick them up seperately from a kit. I'm guessing adjustable parts would be best in case I want to go bigger? I have aftermarket lca's from procomp already for a 3", would I have to go bigger for the extra 1.5"?

Last edited:
Back