• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix OFA threaded nipple conversion

my2monkeys

NAXJA Member
I was at PAP today trying to get the 3/4 x16 threaded nipple off a '92 xj. Can anyone tell me what size socket it is? The biggest I had was 24mm and that was too small. My adjustable wrench kept slipping off due to the recessed area I was wrenching in. Thanks for any reply.:peace:

It takes a 1" socket. Heh, and it was fun figuring that out in the junkyard, suggest you have a nice long breaker bar too as that sucker was TIGHT...

I pulled mine from a '91 XJ which FAIK, was the crossover year before it went to horizonal mount, yet still takes the 3/4 x 16 threaded filters.

I can now run the bigger purolator 30001 or wix 51515 filters in the vertical position.

5/8ths, wratcheting wrenchs do wonders for this job... have never seen a 1"+ bolt here... but jeep has been known to do funny things before.

Back