• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aux fog light ?

boomer1

NAXJA Forum User
I got a 1997 cherokee sport that did not come with factory fog lights.
Went to the JY and picked up a factory fog light switch. Took the dash apart and found the factory wiring harness/plug to connect to the back of the switch.

Problem - doesn't seem to be any power to the switch or out on the front bumper, at the end of the harness.

Is there a fuse or relay somewhere that the factory didn't put in, since my jeep didn't come with factory fog lights?

I read several postings, everyone talks about "upgrading" the switch, wiring and lights, but I really just want to keep it stock.

Any help would be appreciated!

Look in your FSM or under the hood fuse/relay panel, should tell you which spot the relay goes into.

FSM = factory service manual

Does the wiring harness in the grille have the two two-pin connectors for the factory fog lights? If it doesn't, you can swap it out and swap in one that does, otherwise, there are either two or four pins in the connector below the ECU/airbox that go to the fog lights that you can splice into, I can clean my spare harness off and figure out the color codes probably if you want.

I got a 1997 Cherokee sport that did not come with factory fog lights.......

97-01, if your Cherokee did not come from the factory with fog lamps, installing them is not plug and play. Your non fog light wire harness is missing the fog lamp wires.

You can use a factory fog lamp switch and wire the fog lamps using a relay, or purchase a fog lamp install kit from TeamCherokee.com.

"there are either two or four pins in the connector below the ECU/airbox that go to the fog lights that you can splice into"

Thanks Kastein. I got the PDC worked out to send power to the switch. My next hurdle was to find where it came out so I can add a 30A relay before the lights.

Back