• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Measurement

1990cherokeee

NAXJA Forum User
So, i would like to get the measurements from ground to roof on a 6.5 long arm kit with 33 inch tires. I am getting ready to get this kit and install but i would like to ensure that i will be able to park my heep in my garage daily. So i know it's a weird question but i cant go out and measure so i am hoping some one else with the long arm 6.5 with 33's can measure for me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Measurements

My Jeep barely clears my garage door. I had to take off the roof rack rails to fit. Specs in sig.

Another way to get a measurement is to measure your Jeep stock, add 6.5" for the suspension and then figure how much taller the tires will be. IE, a stock 225/75 is somewhere around 27-28 inches tall. A 33 would be 5-6 inches taller overall, making each sidewall 2.5-3 inches tall. So, 6.5" suspension+3" tire =9.5" taller than stock.

Also, this should probably be in mod-tech if anything...

Last edited:
So if i take off 7 inchs (4 and half for the lift currently on and 3 inchs for the 33s on) then i only add 2.5 inchs to what i have to figure if it will fit, am i doin this math correctly haha. Thanks for the heads up and my posting has been moved.

What's the current specs on your rig? From the way you describe the measurements it sounds like you've got 10" of lift on 36's.

(4 and half for the lift currently on and 3 inchs for the 33s on)

If you already have a 4.5" lift with 33's and are planning on going to a 6.5" lift with 33's, seems to me you would just add 2" to your current height. Some lift manufacturers over rate their lift heights while others under rate them, but that should get you pretty darn close.

If you're getting NEW 33's, then you would have to factor in the difference between the actual radius of your old tires and the actual radius of the new tires you're going to be getting. That's really splitting hairs though. Again, just adding 2" for the new lift should get you pretty darn close.

Going from an old 4.5" lift to a new 6.5" LA lift (depending on manufacturer) can likely give you ~3-4" extra initially until it settles in. So taking into account the tires from old 33's to new if the old were pretty worn (almost bald) then I would also add an extra 1.5-2" for the height difference in them. Taking that in to account should get you a good guess at the height it will be sitting at.

So i have taken my measurements. My gararage door opening at the lowest part is 84 inchs tall. i added 6 inchs to the amount my jeep is at now which is 68.5 inchs from ground too the roof rails. if i did the measurements correctly it will fit with about 9 inchs of clearance. i am going to do some different measurements later after the rain stops and i will post back. any other numbers or measurements might be helpful. i was actually hoping someone with the same type of set up would just give me there measurement so i don't have to figure out a math equation haha but any help helps thanks..

My jeep is about 6.5" lift plus 35s, and it is about my height without a roof rack at 6'2"

If your garage door is about 75" or taller at it's lowest point, you should be fine, although at 75" it would be pretty tight. There is one way to find out! :)

If you end up too tall, just air down the tires before driving into the garage :spin1:

Back