• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front License Plate Bracket

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
My 97 didn't have a front plate holder (ky doesn't require it), but Ohio does. I got a factory bracket from my 98 Parts XJ. The problem are the square inserts at the bottom of the brackets for the screws.

I grabbed a set of license plate bolts from somewhere, and discovered the square inserts are too big for the square opening in the bracket. Where can I get the inserts to hold the screws for the factory bracket?

Dealer for something like that. You could try NAPA, they usually have a better selection of odds and ends and may have something to fit. Could you use the nylon inserts for the headlight adjuster?

With small pieces the shipping and handling will usually kill you when trying to order online from places like mopardiscountparts.com.

Drill 'em and throw a bolt through it - it's not a load-bearing piece, but rather one that has to hold up to wind (and occasional snowbanks). It's on the bottom of the bumper, so it's not like there's any aesthetic value to it.

Jim
www.yuccaman.com

I used a box cutter with a sharp blade to make the square a little bigger. Didn't take much and the plastic was rather soft making it easy to cut.

orbix_5.5x20mm_large.jpg

+

dewalt_18v_impact_driver.jpg

cant beleive you came on the internet to ask about this.

Back