• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Issues with Renix coolant overflow bottle

EpiK XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Mine is crap and i gotta keep wrapping duct tape around the threads so when i screw the lid on it is incredibly hard to get off, but the pressure and heat warps the flimsy plastic and just like old faithful, it blows up like clockwork, sending flaming hot antifreeze all over my engine and making a huge mess every where i go. it happens every time i shut it off or idle too long. also, i noticed today that when i turn my heater on and the engine is up to temp, theres only cold air blowing, maybe a culprit? ideas? thx.

Re: Anyone got an 89 XJ overflow bottle i can have?

go to the local junkyard and look for the coolant bottle from a mid 90's, mid-sized Mopar, they are made of much thicker material. Get it with all the attached hoses. It is shaped differently, but it has a REAL radiator cap. You will have to remove your stock bottle and the bracket that holds it, and drill two small holes in your firewall to mount the new bottle, but it is super easy.

Re: Anyone got an 89 XJ overflow bottle i can have?

1. Put a worm clamp around the pressure bottle cap and tighten it down.

2. Go the the parts store and purchase Stant 10224 radiator cap, it will stay on.

3. Do what tugalo said.

Back