• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better Dana 35 axle shafts?

falcon556

NAXJA Forum User
Is there such a thing as a direct replacement high strength Dana 35 C clip shafts made with 4140, 4340 or other high strength alloy?

For the cost of alloys you could upgrade the axle, even if it's just a 29 spl 8.25.

Mambeu said:
x2. I replaced my c-clip D35 with a D44 for about $375, including new brakes.

I may do that too.
Just considering all the options.
One advantage of the D35 is the ABS, nice on a DD.

i think i'd just swap to better rear end. i have no faith in d35's anymore; especially after having watched a friend with a 4-banger yj on 31's kill three, yes three, d35s in less than a year. one broken axleshaft, two sets off exploded spiders. granted he wheels the thing really hard, but it's a 4 cyl....

The best upgraded d35 shafts is an 8.8 :)

But seriously if your keeping 33's a good set of alloy shafts from a reputable company will probably give you years of good service with smart driving.

I like Alloy USA's stuff, but not sure if they sell d35 shafts or not.

monkeyevil said:
But seriously if your keeping 33's a good set of alloy shafts from a reputable company will probably give you years of good service with smart driving.

I like Alloy USA's stuff, but not sure if they sell d35 shafts or not.

That takes care of the shafts, but not the weak internals and housing.

Back