• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best lift kit source - I searched

PlainWhiteXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on buying a lift kit. I figured there would be plenty of traffic on who had the best product/price/service but did not find much when I searched.

Recommendations?

It's a 96, used for DD, logging roads, mild to moderate off road. I keep it moderately loaded with miscellaneous junk. I'm looking at getting a 3" (to avoid SYE cost) and paying to have it installed (too lazy, don't have all the tools or enough time.) What am I missing?

I'm thinking Skyjacker with new springs and shocks all around, but not set on that. Looks like prices vary a bit.

So, who should get my money?

http://northridge4x4.com/ had the cheapest prices for RE lifts. cheap enough for you to get a NAXJA membership and still have money left over. :-D

check with some of the NAXJA vendors in the for sale area

I hate myself for saying this, as I am done with this company.
but for cheap full leaf pack combo's Rusty's seems to be it. you can get the full leaf pack, choose heavy or lighter duty springs (front and back I think) and even get shocks in the deal.

IMO I would skip anything they make in house. if you want LCA/UCA's, adj trac bar or anything else get them from somewhere else. I have had no probs with my lift from there, but all probs after that.

I got the 3" llift kit for my '92 from Skyjacker, well not "from" them but they made it. It handles great on the road, and flexes well too. It all seems to be high quality stuff and they have good customer service also.
EDIT: I tried to put it on myself but I didn't have anything to compress the front coils so I couldn't.

The super flex has add-a-spring
the super ride is a full spring pack

Oh what is the difference in those i thought they were both poly sets?

PlainWhiteXJ said:
What is the difference between SuperFlex and SuperRide?
1985xjlaredo said:
Oh what is the difference in those i thought they were both poly sets?

There's really not much difference in the on-road ride between the two because they use the same springs/leafs. The only differences in the kits are the control arms, swaybar endlinks (Super-Flex comes with Quick Discos, Super-Ride just extended links), and bumpstop extensions (the SR kit doesn't come with any). With the Super-Flex kit you get RE's Super-Flex arms with an articulating joint on the axle end. The Super-Ride kit comes with Super-Ride arms which have rubber bushings on both ends. I know I wouldn't even consider the Super-Ride kit. Also look into Adjustable Control Arms, they'll make your life easier in the future...

And for the best source (and no I don't get anything for this :) ):
My vote is for Loose-Nuts-Enterprises. I bought a ton of stuff from Dan Turner @ Loose-Nuts, he is very good guy to deal with and talk too. Go here: http://www.loose-nuts-enterprises.com/ or better yet call him @ 909-797-4438

Good choice. You can't go wrong with OME. Post pics in the pic forum when it's done!

PlainWhiteXJ said:
In case I want to go higher? Alignment?

Yes and Yes.

Not entirely necessary, yet my philosophy is spend $$$ once, spend it right.

PlainWhiteXJ said:
Makes sense, but in this case, @$260 per, with 175K on the truck, I think I'll hold off :)

Usually when you buy the kit you'll have the option to add them as upgrades so it won't cost that much.

PlainWhiteXJ said:
OK, I'm zeroing in on RE 3.5 SuperFlex for $725 shocked and shipped. Any opinions on potential need for SYE?

At 3.5" its not likely but not unheard of..

Back