• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost Alloy - Iron Rock Off-road

Worth is relative. They are cheaper than a D44.

The axle shaft and u-joints won't "last" any longer, but they will hold up better to abuse.

I doubt you will want to grind off the welds for u-joint replacement, consider the axle shafts and IRO parts as one-time-use disposable parts. I would still carry spare shafts.

Last edited:
I will carry spares shafts. There will be no easy trail fix now other than shaft replacement. Hopefully I will not need a trail fix.

It is the same joint and outer as a 44 now.

no thanks...as many d30 joints ive had to replace id hate to ever have to deal with those tabs when replacing a joint.

even if it keeps them from breaking, what happens when you need to replace them from simple wear and tear. your gonna have to remove 8 of those before you can do any work

nah. grind out your stock shafts to fit full circle clips and call it good

no thanks...as many d30 joints ive had to replace id hate to ever have to deal with those tabs when replacing a joint.

even if it keeps them from breaking, what happens when you need to replace them from simple wear and tear. your gonna have to remove 8 of those before you can do any work

nah. grind out your stock shafts to fit full circle clips and call it good

x2.

Really.. Weld to the spicer axles? WHat about heat treating if any that dana does to the stock axles, or now what is the heat buildup to only some areas of the ears doing to the molecular stucture of that area?

And as mentioned. Replacing ujoints would be a HUGE PITA!

Get a set of Chromoly shafts for like 450$ and leave those gimicks to those that cant afford new quality shafts...

i like how they say this fits all dana44 front axles

there is NO space around the u joint caps for anything else sliding the shafts through the knuckle on common jeep/chevy 44's (i cant speak personally for others but have heard fords are also like this)

if you want to run super joints you need to install the low profile grease fittings with the shafts installed, nevermind a big hunk of steel welded to the ears...

i like how they say this fits all dana44 front axles

there is NO space around the u joint caps for anything else sliding the shafts through the knuckle on common jeep/chevy 44's (i cant speak personally for others but have heard fords are also like this)

if you want to run super joints you need to install the low profile grease fittings with the shafts installed, nevermind a big hunk of steel welded to the ears...

Ya, I had to remove the grease zerks on my upper ball joints because my low profile grease fittings on my shafts were hitting them.

Back