• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ floor pans rusted through

avnsteve

NAXJA Forum User
YUCK!
IMG_8516.jpg

IMG_8517.jpg

IMG_8518.jpg

IMG_8519.jpg

IMG_8520-1.jpg

any opinions on best approach?

BTT because I'm hoping someone can offer some salvageable pans and/or ideas for a repair short of throwing money at it. I good thread on patching procedures or maybe an angel from heaven with pans from a shell...?

I just replaced my floors on my XJ, I can't see the pic since I am at work and whatever site you are hosting the pics at is blocked here... but in an MJ I would think that it would be at least as easy to patch the floors. Just pick up some 18ga sheet steel. It's a lot cheaper than the replacements you can buy. I paid $110 for two 4'x8' sheets which was more than enough (still have more than half of a sheet left for other patching and such) and it was MUCH cheaper than buying the full pans from discountjeepparts like I originally planned on doing.

I just found the same thing in my 89 XJ. I also went through this with my 78 CJ. Yo fix it I used cardborad to make templates of the floor peices then gut them out of 18G and welded them in. On the CJ I did it by flipping the bidy upside down. The XJ I will do from inside. I have looked all over the net for molded rubber floor mats for the XJ and no one has them. Bummer

Back