• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fixing the Emergancy Light Flasher thing...

Magus2727

NAXJA Forum User
So my switch for the emergency flasher lights has been busted for a while and I want to get around to fixing it. All that really is broken is the actuator part (if that is what its called) that comes through the steering column and out of the cover.

What all is involved to replace and fix this? can I pull just the black plastic piece off another jeep? or is it more of an assembly that I need to replace the whole part of? Should I get it from any junk yard or is it better to get a new part from a place like Rock Auto?

right now I have a Pen shoved down in there to keep it from flashing. I use to have the broken off piece that I would hod down by jamming a screw between the broke piece and the side of cover.

Thanks for any help.

Do I just have to buy / get a whole turn signal assembly?

this is held on by a screw in the the turn signal assembly. if it is just the black plastic broke than you can get another black plastic button, but if it broke the screw out then you may need to get a whole assembly

does the whole assembly cme ou rather easy once the steering wheel cover is removed? I have heard that the clock spring, air bag and all that jazz might also have to come off...

Looking at Rock Auto there are 4-5 different manufactures... is there a preferred choice of one over the other? I do have tilt w/ variable wipers, so that narrows it down a little.

Back