• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a CAD model of an XJ?

jbcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
So I have been designing a few things for my jeep via a CAD program (autodesk inventor) and I want to see how they will look on the jeep itself (its a roof rack) and I don't have the time or experience to get truely realistic image of a jeep.

So does anyone have a CAD image of a XJ?

There was an AutoCAD model of an XJ floating around a couple of years ago, and I might still have it on my school computer. I haven't used Inventor in about a year and a half, so I can't remember if you can import an AutoCAD file into Inventor or not.

PM me your e-mail and i'll see if I can find it in a bit.

The big score would be a Pro/E model XJ - maybe I could make some extra cash this summer doing one up and selling the parts/assembly?

I've seen a 3d model of a pre 1997. I'd like to have one of a 97+

Well I got UNCXJ's version and its great! Only thing its its an AUTOCAD file so its only 2D but I will take what I can get. Anyone got a 3D model? I have made one myself but its just a mockup if that! So yeah I am looking for a 3D model anyone got one?

I'd appreciate a copy of these files as well. Maybe those of you that have the files could upload them somewhere? Any of the models work with Pro/E or Solidworks?

what program does this use? Can i open it in autocad or rhino 3d nurbs and modeling?

I'm not sure. Sketchup is a FREE 3d software by Google. You may be able to export it or convert it to another format. Still learning the software myself.

jbcherokee - you should be able to import the 2d AutoCAD file into Inventor as they are both autodesk programs, and I believe are designed on the same platform. Therefore you should be able to import the 2D file and extrude it in the 3d modeling area.

i would love to have any models of an xj. I did find the one on cben.net.

however im more interested in models of the underside to mock up suspension designs and driveline angles and the whatnot. I'm building what i need in 3d as I go, but it would be awesome if this was already out there.

A SolidWorks version would be awesome...especially since I havent touched AutoCAD in about 3 years (used Inventor for a year and lately have been using SolidWorks)....plus 3D is just so much cooler anyways :)

Back