• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No heater, radio, turn signals, wippers... fuse are ok

speedyp

NAXJA Forum User
I was riding to work this morning and on the highway out of nowhere the radio, the heater , the wippers , the turn signals went out. My rear defrost and wiper works , the gauges work fine , dashboard lights work as well...

I checked the fuse under the hood, everything is good, checked a couple fuses under the dash (blower, radio, turn signal) and everything is also good.

what's going on ? I need help ! don't want to drive back home with no heater !

Always helps if you post year/engine/etc.--production ran 1984 to 2001, and there were some changes to the wiring along the way.

alright my mistake the rear wiper and defrost does not work nor the cirarette lighter, basically there is nothing on the inside that works other then the gauges and the dashboard lights

Check the ignition switch--seems like a lot of "switched circuits" aren't working.

The adjustment might be off, or the connector might be melted.

This just happened to me on Saturday. Driving down the road and everything went out. For some reason I automatically looked at the ignition rather then fuses. Seems when i was driving my key turned back just a enough to turn off the accessories. Turned key just a little forward and boom came back on. So I would wiggle and fiddle around with your key/ignition.

Your interior lights stop working too?

Your interior lights stop working too?

If you mean interior lights as in "they come on when the door is opened" then they would be un-switched (un-switched as in they have power all the time, regardless of the key position).

Yeah they are shot too. I will run a tester to the socket and actuate the plungers.

Same thing happened to me. I couldn't figure it out so a mechanic friend looked at it and found that the circuit board on top of the column (have to drop the column by undoing the 2 bolts holding it to the dash) under the dash was fried (rods ran from the ignition to this switch/board). He had a spare and swapped it and everything worked again. This was in my 90 renix though. Hope it helps.

Classic ignition switch. Been through this with different cars and trucks, always the switch. Usually caused by leaving high current-draw accessories running when you turn off, then later start the car. The contacts in the switch can't take the arcing that occurs when you turn the key, especially with a blower running. After you replace it, turn all the goodies OFF before switching the engine off!

Back