• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which brake booster/MC with WJ front brakes and rear discs?

northwestxj

NAXJA Member #1283
Got a 93 cherokee with the WJ front brake swap. Also have a teraflex rear disc conversion. I've had a 96' dual diaphram brake booster on there since before I did the WJ brakes/rear discs. My brake booster is now shot (brake fluid leaking into it from MC), so while I'm replacing it I'm trying to decide if I should swap them out for something different to make up for the increased fluid capacity of the WJ brakes and rear discs.

Something like a E350 MC or Durango MC, which I believe both have an 1 1/8" bore size instead of the stock 1" bore size. Would this be worth it? Should I still stay with the 96' brake booster?

Got a 93 cherokee with the WJ front brake swap. Also have a teraflex rear disc conversion. I've had a 96' dual diaphram brake booster on there since before I did the WJ brakes/rear discs. My brake booster is now shot (brake fluid leaking into it from MC), so while I'm replacing it I'm trying to decide if I should swap them out for something different to make up for the increased fluid capacity of the WJ brakes and rear discs.

Something like a E350 MC or Durango MC, which I believe both have an 1 1/8" bore size instead of the stock 1" bore size. Would this be worth it? Should I still stay with the 96' brake booster?

Can't say anything about the E350 MC but the Durango one is a direct bolt on. The boosters are all the same 96 and up. So you could pick one up from a JY easy or whatever. I'd stick with the same booster you've got. I mean same style one haha, obviously replace the one you have, just with one just like it.

Back