• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know about a good vinyl flooring???

XJ_holmes

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 96 xj. i'm looking to put a new floor into it but don't want another carpet that will just get stained like what's in it now. i'm looking for a good molded flooring. preferably in a green camo or black color. any information is appreciated thanks

Why Vinyl flooring? it can condensate and trap moisture under it causing your floor to rust out just like drop in bed liners. why not roll something on? strip the carpet, spray the thing out, scuff it up with hot soapy water and a scotch bright pad and roll on a gallon of herculiner for 100 Dollars.

This is the same stuff as I was talking about XJHolmes.

This is what you 'think' you're getting:

VinylFlooring.jpg

This is what you ACTUALLY get:

DSCN0416.jpg

Its all the same stuff from the same manufacturer. Just sold by different companies. It goes in, and works great after installed, but its NOT fun.

Good luck with it.
~James

This is the same stuff as I was talking about XJHolmes.

This is what you 'think' you're getting:

VinylFlooring.jpg

This is what you ACTUALLY get:

DSCN0416.jpg

Its all the same stuff from the same manufacturer. Just sold by different companies. It goes in, and works great after installed, but its NOT fun.

Good luck with it.
~James

What do you mean?, did they send the wrong thing cause that dosn't look like vinyl.

What do you mean?, did they send the wrong thing cause that dosn't look like vinyl.
Nope, thats what you get. No holes are cut into it, its about 8'' to wide in every direction, and all sorts of creased which makes it a pain to get in.

I was very disappointed with my vinyl kit I got. I would either use the stock stuff and make it easily removable, or leave it bare.

I also had the problem with gettin mud and all sorts of foreign objects into my carpet.
SO ...... Ripped it all out and preped the steel floor for a coat of Altex E-line by Resene.
(im an aussie, and a painter by trade) The product is a marine grade 2-pack epoxy that lays on thick, self leveling and easy to wash / hard wearing. I cut out all the factory bung holes b4 hand and am now looking at re-coating the floor and installing some type of "flush" mounting stainless bung. Mind you its absolutly brilliant :D.
I get it super dirty and just wash it out with the hose when i get home :).

Nope, thats what you get. No holes are cut into it, its about 8'' to wide in every direction, and all sorts of creased which makes it a pain to get in.

I was very disappointed with my vinyl kit I got. I would either use the stock stuff and make it easily removable, or leave it bare.

I got mine from ACC (auto custom carpets) and what crap the vinyl is! unless you are installing the stuff in 100f temps the stuff is stiff as sheet metal. I f*cking hate it! By the time i got mine in the original 'sheet' was butchered as it did not fit as advertised. I didn't even install the rear vinyl (still new in box).

If you are thinking of installing new floor here is what i would now do:
Strip the interior including drain plugs
Get rid of all rust
Clean and scuff the floor
Allow ample dry time, make sure there is no moisture whatsoever.(heater or silica bag)
Use floor liner of choice (herculiner or whaterver)
install interior
cut pieces of auto floor insulation (one side has silver foil and the other typical auto insulation) to fit the 4 occupant floor sections, foil side down
Replace floor mats with good water catcher type
Done
Replace insulation as needed (cheap like borscht(sp?)), it keeps the noise level down and helps reflect the heat from the cat. I also would lay some insulation down in the cargo area.
It is now easy to get to the bare floor to check for or wipe any moisture or clean (this i do on a regular basis).
JMO HTH -B

Last edited:
Back