• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM door fastener part numbers?

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

This was an issue I decided to live with after replacing my passenger door latch, but now that I'm facing a scenario in which I need to remove the door panel once again, I need to address it as soon as reasonably possible.

Does anyone have the part number(s) for the factory door panel fasteners in the 1997-2001 XJs?

The reason I ask is I did not find anything similar enough to serve as a suitable replacement at my local AutoZone/Advance, and upon visiting the parts counter at the dealer I was presented with the same situation. Nothing they had on file matched up with what I had, and I've got 2 broken fasteners that should probably be replaced (as only more will fail upon next removal). This is all aside from the fact that the ones they had were demanding $8 each.

If anyone has any suggestions on other stores I should check out, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

Campbell

The black trim clips (the little pop rivet like things) are 6505 009AC from the dealer. The white trim clips are 6504 014. This is from the '00 catalog, but probably also applies to the others, I just don't feel like opening another 4 PDFs to check right now.

The black trim clips (the little pop rivet like things) are 6505 009AC from the dealer. The white trim clips are 6504 014. This is from the '00 catalog, but probably also applies to the others, I just don't feel like opening another 4 PDFs to check right now.
Thanks a ton - that gives me a hell of a lot better place to start.

IIRC, the broken ones in need of replacement were yellow (very similar if not identical to these). Not entirely sure, but I'm going to see if I can find the pieces I saved.

You should be able to get those push pins at any auto parts store. Try the help section. Take one of your old ones with you to match it up.

You should be able to get those push pins at any auto parts store. Try the help section. Take one of your old ones with you to match it up.
Yeah, I tried that route initially but nothing had the same inner diameter (the core post) and generally didn't look like it'd work. The closest I found were for Nissan/Infinity vehicles, but they included a foam isolator.

Maybe I just need to stop dicking around and try all the ones that look like they'd fit, but it's made difficult by the fact that I'm definitely a whore for OEM parts.

I'd just head for the junkyard to be honest. They probably won't charge you more than five bucks for a handful.

try ace. When all else fails for my projects, I go to ace. They have TONS of those plastic fasteners for cars in the bulk aisle (individual nuts/bolts/washers/etc.)

Thanks for the input, guys. I never even would've considered Ace, but they're about 20 yards from my nearest AutoZone so it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

'Tis a stupid dilemma, but a dilemma nonetheless :D

Back