• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

solar batt. chargers/maintainers

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Not looking for plug in.

What does everyone recommend for solar?I don't drive the warwagon every week and need something to maintain my battery......Looking for something durable,quality,and reliable(dont want a fubarred battery or burned down jeep)

EDIT:If this is Mod tech. Please move.

I'll have to see what the make/model of mine is (dont remember) but it has done pretty good. I do drive mine daily, but I know it did help when my alt was crapping out.

I bought a solar battery trickle charger at Harbor Freight for $30....It worked perfectly during Burning Man where we used the interior lights and radio for 7 nonstop days in 125 degree heat.....on the 8th day I went to start the car and it fired right up with no problem. I highly recommend the one they sell. It came with a fairly large panel with stand attachments and removeable gator clips for your battery leads

Bought a 2-pack at Costco for my FIL to use on his tractor and the standby kill truck, been doing a good job for about one year now.

This i s my solution. http://solarcharger.com/SE-1500

It is expensive but it does the job when I am out of the country months at a time. It maintains the battery and thus the alarm system.

Back