• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on RC's new track bar and bracket?

XJfire75

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys searched for it without results. What's the general opinion of the new product?

It's crazy cheap and looks to have at least a 3/16" tubing diameter for the bar and 1/4" for the bracket.

I'm sure anything an upgrade from my deathly Rustys lol.

Anyone care to give the pros and cons when you installed it and how it's doing now after a little trail time?

Thanks

looks like a nice piece. when i went with the HD bracket from RE, i could never seem to get the bolts tight enough, and it was always moving around. with the longer bracket, there is more leverage on it to make it walk. ended up getting the brace and all that went away.

K cool. Yeah i'd imagine that the brackets there to compliment the bar and probably allow it to sit flatter. Definately stronger than the stock bracket lol

You cant beat RE's because of the optional brace,it really tightens everything up!

looks like the RC double shear mount drops the mounting point lower then stock and they recommend a drop pitman arm.

"3/16" tubing diameter"
-hope you mean 3/16 wall thickness

I wouldn't think a DPA is needed. They recommend it on everything the sell over 4". I'm at 6.5" and almost stock steering set-up and it does fine. Doubt a track bar would mess with it much.

Yeh lol. 3/16" wall tubing is what I meant. It was late haha.

I'll look into the IRO one man thanks.

Will clearance really be affected that much? Do other kits with replacement brackets have this issue?

clearance isnt the issue, the issue is the trackbar and drag link should be parallel. if the track bar mounting point on the frame side drops too low, the draglink will not remain parallel. IMO, this is why they recommend a DPA.

It requires a DPA. I called in and asked about it and they said yeah it drops it a bit and throws off the angles so a drop pitman arm is needed. I will be getting this next week in the 4.5" LA kit i ordered. The LA kit includes a drop pitman arm for the t-bar.

I like the Iron Man trackbar BUT it doesn't come with a full replacement frame bracket. It comes with a small adapter that bolts onto the stock bracket and is recommended to be welded on for more strength. It has a tapered bolt that goes in where the stock trackbar stud bolts in. Because it's weld-on, I decided not to get that one because I have no access to a welder.

Oh Jason, Where are you? :D It looks like a well made piece for the price. You get what you pay for but hey at least there is no TRE on it.

That's why I'm lookin at it lol. The TRE on my Rustys is really iffy!

I need to decide but I do have a beefy tie rod with offset TREs that helps with my drag link angles. Might be just enough to avoid the DPA if possible. That's just another thing that'll cost me 5 hours lol.

I just installed this trackbar plus pitman arm yesterday. It's pretty well built but rather thin compared to my previous JKS trackbar. I had to adjust it to it's shortest length for my 4.5" lift. I'm satisfied with it though. No bumpsteer or any steering issues now.

havent installed mine yet but the bracket is made well but the track bar itself is not the highest quality out there. i like the fact there is no TRE though so thats a plus.

havent installed mine yet but the bracket is made well but the track bar itself is not the highest quality out there. i like the fact there is no TRE though so thats a plus.

Tell me if the bolts supplied with the kit fit cuz mine didn't. I had to enlarge the trackbar bracket hole and also enlarge the axle mounting hole.

Back