• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

converting the smitybuilt stinger to xj

I think just cut off the current mounting points and weld in brackets for the XJ. You can buy brackets from multiple manufacturers such as JCR, AJs, AtoZ fab?, ruff stuff?, and others.

Thanks for the knowledge what do you people think that would look like or any ideas on a good price stinger winch bumper under 250

Has anybody seen or done a smitty built stinger from a tj or jk

2i771xl.jpg

I had the smittybuilt tj front bumper on for about 8 months or so, it was super easy to mount. The bumper has a c channel that faces back towards the motor and this normally goes over the ends of the frame rails on wranglers then has three big torxhead bolts that bolt vertically to hold the bumper on.......I just made bumper mounting plates out of 1/4" plate and bolted them to the 3 origional bumper mounting bolts and steering box bolts then cut the ends that stuck out past my framerails so they sat inside the c channel. Then i welded them into the c and made some gussets to control side to side stress. ( i also cut the center and welded in angle iron to mount my winch, and moved the light mounts) Its kinda hard to explain but i dont have any pictures of how i did it, just some pics of it on my jeep

m99l5e.jpg

akib9d.jpg

seth

Once my dad puts his new rear bumper on im going to convert his Four Real rear bumper to work on my xj

Back