• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear wiper light has gone out...new fuse or ??

Hey all,

really random (or maybe ran-dumb) but the light for my rear wiper switch has gone out when I have the headlights on...is that a fuse that powers that or do I have to do some digging to find an actual bulb?

It's a bulb. Just pull of the dash trim, (if you haven't done that before, there will be screws holding it in, if you HAVE done it before, most people find they stay put just fine without the screws...) unscrew the plate holding the switch with the dead bulb and flip it over.

Just above the switch there will be a little bulb holder. Turn it 90 degrees to get it out. Inside is a really, really annoying small bulb. It is NOT twisted in. It is just a push fit. Wrap your fingers in tape and pull.

From Sylvania bulb guide for a 91: http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm
Instrument-general

Either way it's the small one. Install and reassemble. Minus the tape on the fingers. (The tape is to make it easier to pull the bulb out with minimal force. Also it helps protect your fingers in case you accidentally crush it. You could use pliers, but I seem to crush more that way.)

Last edited:
Back