View Full Version : Your RoM "Get-R-Dun" List

xxmidianxx
December 8th, 2009, 15:48
What do you need/want to get done to your rig before the RoM?:repair:

And how is that plan coming along?

Remember, The RoM is 100 days away from today.:guitar:

jeetyet
December 8th, 2009, 17:58
pending if i break anything doing my races. really want my winch and front locker but welded front will do

x2elite
December 8th, 2009, 18:27
My cage needs to be finished, hopefully it will be in a week or so, and I will hopefully have my D44's swapped in before then as well.

DeftwillP
December 8th, 2009, 19:48
Install my d30 lockrite and replace my rockers with 2x6 box. Other than that...meh good enough to go I guess.

magimerlin
December 9th, 2009, 06:37
lets see....

pretty much just get my D44 done. I have everything that I need know for it except enough time in the day to do it.. If I have time after that I will make my raised rear platform. And I would love to have on board air done to, but we will see. Oh and I need to measure for shocks and bump stop the poor thing

And If the $ comes in right I should have a winch as well to go on my bumper

wheelinscott
December 9th, 2009, 09:13
get the long arm put in, gears and locker, sliders back on, tire carrier/ rear bumper built. maybe tires???

BIgDaddyChia
December 9th, 2009, 20:32
trying to see if i can play the cards and pick up another rig of some sort.

USAFXJ
December 10th, 2009, 18:28
My lift installed, my wheels and tires put on, my bumper painted, put on and my 3/4" D rings put on. Also, my headlight bezels put on, my tint done, and maybe the undercarriage lights done

x2elite
December 10th, 2009, 19:58
Hopefully I will be on longarms by then soon as well.

DeftwillP
December 13th, 2009, 21:00
trying to see if i can play the cards and pick up another rig of some sort.

wheel the nissan

Art101
December 14th, 2009, 13:13
get the long arm put in, gears and locker, sliders back on, tire carrier/ rear bumper built. maybe tires???

i should be ordering my tnt long arm kits very soon, so i will let you know when you can pick up my old ones if you are still interested

xxmidianxx
December 14th, 2009, 13:24
I am liking all these short list. Mine on the other hand is long and for some reason keeps on growing...

95 days til RoM!

wheelinscott
December 14th, 2009, 13:57
i should be ordering my tnt long arm kits very soon, so i will let you know when you can pick up my old ones if you are still interested

heck ya :party:

magimerlin
December 14th, 2009, 18:48
I am liking all these short list. Mine on the other hand is long and for some reason keeps on growing...

95 days til RoM!

Well if you hurried up and did some of it, it wouldn't be so long of a list..:doh:

xxmidianxx
December 14th, 2009, 18:59
Well if you hurried up and did some of it, it wouldn't be so long of a list..:doh:

Well if it wasn't like this: Well to do this mod, I need to do this one first. But before I do THAT mod... I need to get this one done too. All of which required parts... some that are on back order. SO....:gag:

DeftwillP
December 14th, 2009, 20:49
Well if it wasn't like this: Well to do this mod, I need to do this one first. But before I do THAT mod... I need to get this one done too. All of which required parts... some that are on back order. SO....:gag:

Oh, in that case, I still have to put my rockwells in.....after a few other things:viking:

xxmidianxx
December 14th, 2009, 21:35
Oh, in that case, I still have to put my rockwells in.....after a few other things:viking:

Yeah but I am wrapping up my parts collecting phase... making the final lists now.

x2elite
December 16th, 2009, 10:04
I keep telling you that the rainbow pinstriping doesn't HAVE to be first, like you keep claiming it does.

xxmidianxx
December 16th, 2009, 10:47
Yeah well you still haven't put the 150 or so rainbow stickers on yours...

DeftwillP
December 18th, 2009, 21:38

Screw the rockwell trash. Going portals now....right after a few other things.

xxmidianxx
December 23rd, 2009, 21:15
Ok well here is my list finaly:

Finish front bumper
D30 diff cover installed
*Aussie locker
HD Steering
Clayton Long Arms
SYE and driveshaft
Finish and install 8.8
Shackle relocators
Lift shackles
Build a bastard pack

and a few other odds and ends. I am having a rebuild wrench-a-thon / B-B-Q at my house in Febuary (20-21). But I will start a new thread about that went time draws near.

eflores
December 26th, 2009, 10:36
coppied from my co jeep forum:
1 Gears
2 lots of cage and bumper
3 36/37 inch tires
4 Shocks up front
5 if i get to it....long arms out back
6 Trailer tires and brakes

so i ordered shocks the other day and i started playin with the bender wednesday....and it looks like my 35's just sold so......found a locker for my 44 up in denver...wish me luck fella's

eflores
December 26th, 2009, 10:36
BTW how many more days till ROM?

xxmidianxx
December 26th, 2009, 14:51
BTW how many more days till ROM?

83 days left.

DeftwillP
December 31st, 2009, 17:24
Install my d30 lockrite and replace my rockers with 2x6 box. Other than that...meh good enough to go I guess.

Well,I got that done during Christmas break. I guess I'm good to go:wave:

xxmidianxx
December 31st, 2009, 18:33
Cool. I am glad to hear both of those things.

Crusher16
December 31st, 2009, 22:31
Install my JCR rear lower quarter gaurds.
Replace front upper and lower control arms.
Maybe lift the front some more, depending on how these new rear springs settle.
Get and install a heavy duty crossmember with transfercase skid.

And then theres the stuff Id try to get done, but might not due to money and time:
Sliders
LCA skids
Gas tank skid
Front bumper
Tires

eflores
January 1st, 2010, 12:54
got my 37's and beadlocks yesterday .....not impressed...too wide for flores
FOR SALE!

x2elite
January 1st, 2010, 13:34
Flores I sent you a pm.

eflores
January 1st, 2010, 13:35
what the heLLd you do that for lol

XJ Eric
January 6th, 2010, 12:44
gotta replace one of the upper control arm bushings, the clockspring, the electric radiator fan, install extended bumpstops, install tow bar mounts and brace them up a little (hopefully for use as recovery points) Get at least two new tires, and then the wife has to still be able to travel that far.

xxmidianxx
January 6th, 2010, 16:37
...then the wife has to still be able to travel that far.

Huh?

eflores
January 7th, 2010, 08:52
Got my 37's sold and i think im going to spring for a set or 35/12.5-15 MTR's with Kevlar

x2elite
January 7th, 2010, 14:27
I have heard bad things about those. Have a buddy that completely ruined a set on a new JK, and finally after months of back and forth he is getting goodyear to warranty them.

eflores
January 8th, 2010, 08:00
you are the second person who has told me that....can you elaborate any or possibly point me in the right direction of a great off road tire with good road manners?

magimerlin
January 13th, 2010, 08:02
you are the second person who has told me that....can you elaborate any or possibly point me in the right direction of a great off road tire with good road manners?

So far so good on my Maxxis BigHorns. I got the 33x15.50x15's

reviews.....
http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/showproduct.php?product=691&cat=4

eflores
January 13th, 2010, 08:06
so far so good on my 35" mtr's with kevlar

x2elite
January 14th, 2010, 11:32
My buddy that had them said the sidewalls basically disentergrated from offroad use after only a few trips offroad. I have seen the tires, and they look like white walls. Goodyear did finally say they will warranty them after months of bugging them about it.

eflores
January 16th, 2010, 07:06
ya i talked to the guy i used to work for whom i bought the tires from and he assured me if any thing of that nature happened he would take care of them

eflores
January 18th, 2010, 12:49
got ma back bumper....now for the install and trimming of rear quarters

xxmidianxx
January 18th, 2010, 14:00
Well after this weekend and with alot of help from Rich (rms692), I got all the brakets welded on my 8.8 and just got it painted. Time to re-assemble it and start with the brake lines.

Crusher16
January 18th, 2010, 14:46
Got some 31s. So the list as it sits now:

Install JCR rear lower quarter panel armor (debating on selling them though)
Install longer rear brake line (Have it, just being lazy)
Get and install 3" front springs
Install front WJ lower control arms and new uppers (Do have, it just needs to warm up outside)
LCA Skids
and any other armor I can afford before then.

x2elite
January 18th, 2010, 18:28
Gotta get my Front HP44 installed, and take it out to make sure the locker is functioning properly. Hopefully will slap it under there this weekend.

XJ Eric
January 19th, 2010, 06:58
Huh?

Have a baby on the way, she is due May 1st so the middle of March is going to be close to the time when the doctor starts restricting travel.

Figured out the problem with the bushing so don't have to replce that anymore.
Installed some lights on the roof rack for flat towing, and front tow hook, removed the torn up windshield banner (making room for the NAXJA banner) now just need:

extended bump stops
clock spring (not a must have but I'd really love to get it done)
electric radiator fan
couple new tires
figure out the CB

xxmidianxx
January 19th, 2010, 12:10
Have a baby on the way, she is due May 1st so the middle of March is going to be close to the time when the doctor starts restricting travel.

Yea, I saw you posted that on another site. I wish the both of you best of luck.

eflores
January 19th, 2010, 14:43

thats funny i believe our new addition is due the 28th of may :D:rattle::rattle:

xxmidianxx
January 19th, 2010, 15:25
WOW... you don't even know your baby's due date. Sad.

eflores
January 19th, 2010, 15:43
hey now....

TLowery04
January 26th, 2010, 14:20
gotta get the bumpers on, winch bought, d44 installed, arb compressor for locker bought and everything wired up

TLowery04
January 26th, 2010, 14:21
+lift if i can afford one

eflores
January 27th, 2010, 05:00
man things are starting to look bad.....

x2elite
January 27th, 2010, 06:51
???

Swamprat
January 27th, 2010, 19:36
my to do list

AWD swap
audio
lift
tow hooks
CB
skids

eflores
January 28th, 2010, 07:43
transmission isnt sounding so good

x2elite
January 28th, 2010, 10:10
That sucks.... I gotta get my 8.8 installed soon!

Swamprat
January 28th, 2010, 18:47
my to do list

AWD swap
audio
lift
tow hooks
CB
skids

****! gotta add a new motor to that list :(

transmission isnt sounding so good

oh man that sucks

xxmidianxx
January 28th, 2010, 21:24
49 days OR 1188 hours OR 71,287 minutes.

It's getting close. Who is ready?

EDIT: I am not....

DeftwillP
January 29th, 2010, 19:22
I need to put on my zj steering tomorrow and my new used shocks......but it's cold.

Crusher16
February 2nd, 2010, 10:29
Bah. New list.

Get an NP242, rebuilt it, put a heavy duty chain in it, along with a HackNTap
Replace my currently toasted 242 with that one.
Lift the front to match the rear.
Install all the front parts I have (All control arms, shocks, BPEs)
Brake lines
TCase skid
Fuel tank skid

And thats the final list... for now.

xxmidianxx
February 2nd, 2010, 10:39
Don't you just love how the list grows and grows?

Crusher16
February 2nd, 2010, 10:49
Don't you just love how the list grows and grows?

Yeah. Had to add the transfercase stuff since mines being funny.

iluv83vettes
February 3rd, 2010, 19:33
install front axle seals
put a bunch of rtv on the 44 to try and make it stop leaking
weld up spiders since it doesn't go on the road anymore?

see if I can a cheap tie rod since i screwed mine up last memorial day weekend on a stump (haven't driven on the road since)

remove rear doors and possibly hatch?

that should be it besides getting my tow rig ready ...

eflores
February 7th, 2010, 23:15
install front axle seals
put a bunch of rtv on the 44 to try and make it stop leaking
weld up spiders since it doesn't go on the road anymore?

see if I can a cheap tie rod since i screwed mine up last memorial day weekend on a stump (haven't driven on the road since)

remove rear doors and possibly hatch?

that should be it besides getting my tow rig ready ...

you still owe me stickers!!!!!!!!!

iluv83vettes
February 8th, 2010, 17:32
Haven't been able to find them since they closed the MSC 2 years ago (I have looked at every bookstore). I can get you a CCA sticker if you want.

XJ Eric
February 14th, 2010, 21:12
new to the list, mount the new 35s!!! WOOT!!!!!! then make sure I get the fenders trimmed to fit and get the bumpstops installed. oh and install the cold air intake.

x2elite
February 15th, 2010, 08:44
Well lets see.... after this shakedown run, I now need to take off my steering stabilizer, and cut off the bracket (since it limits my steering), put a little more bend in my trac bar, trim the gusset on the trac bar bracket since it rubs my coil springs, adjust and shim my lower arms out, and adjust my upper arms in, and I know there are a few other things that i am leaving out.

XJ Eric
February 20th, 2010, 14:48
Tires are on the truck now the rear fenders are opened up. Threw the extended bump stops in the coils springs only to realize they are too big to go in the mounts so I just left them in the springs. Got the cold air intake installed as well. Productive weekend so far!

eflores
February 21st, 2010, 22:32
Haven't been able to find them since they closed the MSC 2 years ago (I have looked at every bookstore). I can get you a CCA sticker if you want.

DONE!

actually really any A&M stickers would be nice i have a ton of new vehicles and no AGGIE name plates on them.....colorado doesnt have texas collegiate plates

TLowery04
March 6th, 2010, 09:40
gotta get the bumpers on, winch bought, d44 installed, arb compressor for locker bought and everything wired up

i have been out of work for three months and have acheived nohting... i might not be able to make it this year even though i am already registered =\

oh and my dad is going to vegas instead of coming down and cooking chili

StylerG
March 6th, 2010, 10:44
dude what needs to be done on your jeep to make it? we have 3 jeeps heading down from okc alone you'd have people to travel with

XJ Eric
March 6th, 2010, 13:30
dude what needs to be done on your jeep to make it? we have 3 jeeps heading down from okc alone you'd have people to travel with

What route you guys taking to get down there? maybe we can link up.

wheelinscott
March 15th, 2010, 12:57
my list as of today.

fix front axle shaft
beef up bumpers
break in gears
strengthen trackbar mount, maybe shorten it.
rockerguards (maybe if time)

its coming down to the wire!

xxmidianxx
March 17th, 2010, 18:00
OMG... it's one of those famous "Night before a run" nights.

lil_red_wagon
March 17th, 2010, 18:57
OMG... it's one of those famous "Night before a run" nights.

your tellin me. i still have to changes a rear output shaft seal, trim down a tc skid (no more tc drop sides to tall). tighten up pass side crossover bolt. re-install rear bumper. and im sure more

xxmidianxx
March 17th, 2010, 19:31
and im sure more

Thats what sraces me the most... what am I forgetting?

WHAT THE HELL ARE DOING ON HERE??? We need to get to work.:doh:

xxmidianxx
March 18th, 2010, 01:39
3:36 am.... and still going at it. ran into another problem... but I figured it out now.

xxmidianxx
March 18th, 2010, 03:27
5:30 and its done. Now time to pack.

XJ Eric
March 18th, 2010, 12:46
We are packing as I type! I'm getting excited. This is my first wheeling trip in YEARS!