• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Heat!!

If your blower motor was only working on high and now is not working at all, chances are the blower motor resistor went bad.

Sounds like two problems. Only working on high says a blown resistor. Now not working on high sounds like either a blown fuse or bad blower motor.

My ac only worked on high. Like these guys said. It was a bad resistor.
I would replace that first, it might fix all of your problems.

Since you are most likely going to have to replace the resistor pack and the blower motor anyway, you might consider upgrading the wiring and adding relays to remove the load from the HVAC switch, which is probably going to fail soon too.

I replaced the blower motor and resistor plugged it up and it looked like the coil on the resistor was getting red hot i'm going to check the wiring on it and see what happens.it was blowing hot air but felt like only the low setting,so i unplugged it. any ideas?

I'm having the same problem....

2 fan switches... $30/ea
2 controllers...... $120/ea
1 fan motor....... $130/ea
1 resistor.......... $8.50/ea

The controller connectors are now melting like the Witch of the West....

What the hell is going on with my XJ..... ?

I'm having the same problem....

2 fan switches... $30/ea
2 controllers...... $120/ea
1 fan motor....... $130/ea
1 resistor.......... $8.50/ea

The controller connectors are now melting like the Witch of the West....

What the hell is going on with my XJ..... ?

The current draw is exceeding the design limits of the wiring and components.

See the thread link above about upgrading.

Hint: You probably have some melted wires somewhere and that is a direct short to ground. Option A: start cutting open the wiring looms and try and locate and repair the short. Option B: rewire the switch, resistor, and blower using new and heavier wire with relays.

I like option B.

Back