• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i think i may have sometype of LSD in my 8.25?

redhanded77

NAXJA Forum User
i guess the only way to be sure is to just take off the diff cover and check, but i think i may have a stock lsd in my 8.25 29 spline. my xj is a 2000 cherokee classic that used to be used as a police vehicle. when i first got it, the first thing i would notice is that the rear end would bind/rub when i would make tight turns. also when the rear is jacked up and i spin one tire by hand, the opposite side spins in the same direction. usually open diffs would make the tires spin opposite of each other if you jack the car up and spin the tires? and yesterday while we were messing in some mud trails, i noticed that both rear tires would spin all the time no matter what the situation was. what would be some sure signs to look for if i open the diff up?

Why do you think that??? Is it Hallucinating?

Sounds like you may have the LSD (from the fact that it was a police edition, and the fact that you did the tire spin test).

Is there a sticker in the glove box advising you of the presence of the LSD?

Have you tasted the diff fluid? Did you trip for like 8 hrs or just 2?

hahaha. good one. im new to the 4x4 world, so exscuse me if i get certain terms wrong. in the drifting scene, the only kind of words we use is either lsd, viscous or welded. never really used the term locker, posi or etc.

ill take a look later on today. thanks

Correct - I was just giving an example of what it would look like. It may be different, but pretty much if it looks like "not plain old spider gears" it's probably got some sort of limited slip in it.

hahaha. good one. im new to the 4x4 world, so exscuse me if i get certain terms wrong. in the drifting scene, the only kind of words we use is either lsd, viscous or welded. never really used the term locker, posi or etc.

ill take a look later on today. thanks

No wrong terms...... Just giving you a bit of a hard time.

Back