• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remove abs/brake upgrades

Dest

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking into removing the ABS from my 96 XJ and upgrading the brakes as well. What would be needed to properly remove the abs completely? Can't seem to find a write up of it anywhere. As far as upgrades go Grand Cherokees are essentially bolt-in/slight modification upgrades right? Thanks for any input/opinions on which direction I should take this.

Pull ABS fuse, and maybe pull your blub from the dash, then it will not work.

What year is your XJ? Pull the fuses/relays in the PDC and you are done. If you want to remove the pump, you can do that too. Search for it - the are plenty of write-ups for how to do it.

Find a jeep liberty in the junkyard and you have a nice bolt on rear disk setup, except for the brake lines. Assuming of course, that you have an 8.25 rear axle.

Find a jeep liberty in the junkyard and you have a nice bolt on rear disk setup, except for the brake lines. Assuming of course, that you have an 8.25 rear axle.

I do have the 8.25, the D35 was replaced before I bought the Jeep and the ABS was just disconnected from the rear. Do you know what year of Liberties would work? Thanks for the tip.

Back