• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-lift jack points

teevexj

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a hi-lift jack for use offroad for when I have new bumpers and sliders, but I was wondering on a stock XJ body if there are any points to lift from with a hi-lift?

Get the tire attachment, won't help if you need to change a tire but if you're stuck and need to lift a wheel it works great.

You should still be able to use your stock jack, depending on how high the Jeep is.

Yes it will help...
Loosen lug nuts
Raise vehicle
Put jack stands ( logs, tool box, or other) under axle
lower remove jack.
reverse process after changing tire.

I just figure use a bottle jack for a tire change would be easier... I guess why not if you have the hilift and something to put under the axle.

some people like carrying hi-lifts around...
i wouldnt be one of those people, i think its a bling thing, not really as usefull as you think.

I just picked one up recently myself and I have no bumpers/protection.

I bought it because a good friend sold his Jeep and moved across the country and could have used the $$. I bought it at pretty much full price (well, less than he paid for it, but he bought it when it was more expensive). Once he saw that they had dropped in price he said he would refund me half what I paid him once he had made some $$. I was just going to loan him some cash for his move, but this way I got a high lift out of the deal as well.

Also picked up tow hooks (kindof) and a couple Hella 500s from him as well. Now the build begins :D

Yes I have a tow hitch, but what about the front?
I already did a day of wheelin and luckily no flats or breakage so I didn't need it but I bring it along all the time in case.

hey not true guys, you can lift your xj front and rear right at the bumper mount's... its in line with the unibody so it should be a pretty strong point to lift your xj, i lifted mine their with a buddies jack to see how much droop i had. it did bend my bumper a tiny tiny bit withere the bottom lip goes under the jeep so it wasnt visual

i have heard different things.. I personally want a true Hi-lift. i want the bling dammit!

I'll just say this. I bought a hilift extreme a while back(well it was free after a sale discount on a big purchase). The extreme model has a powder coat finish that has just been chipping away slowly. The jack sat in my xj a few times with a few other things around and chipped. The handle touching the jack caused it to chip, I have the rubber isolator but still chipped. I'm shocked from my light use and careful handling how easy the powder coat damages.

I email hilift and got a nice reply apologizing but basically saying there's nothing they can do. The guy said he has the exact same problem and tried advising them against the cheap powder coating but they did it anyways. He also said all the hilifts now are powder coated. Just something to think about.

I'll just say this. I bought a hilift extreme a while back(well it was free after a sale discount on a big purchase). The extreme model has a powder coat finish that has just been chipping away slowly. The jack sat in my xj a few times with a few other things around and chipped. The handle touching the jack caused it to chip, I have the rubber isolator but still chipped. I'm shocked from my light use and careful handling how easy the powder coat damages.

I email hilift and got a nice reply apologizing but basically saying there's nothing they can do. The guy said he has the exact same problem and tried advising them against the cheap powder coating but they did it anyways. He also said all the hilifts now are powder coated. Just something to think about.
It's a hi-lift. It is made to lift your vehicle in the worst conditions for a short period of time. a big steel bar that gets kicked around, should have some kind of enamal on it to look pretty at purchase, but i would never expect the "pretty" to last.. as long as the steel itself does.. Function over form:cheers:

Back