• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express 3.5" leafs

'97_Red_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone else get more than 3.5" out of them. I got around 5". Normally I would say they would sag some after they got broken in, but I bought this kit used so I don't think they are going to. It's not really a problem I'm just curious if anyone else had this experience.

Sounds about right. I gained about the same when i put mine in. I'm still waiting for it to "break in" a bit, but its been 4 months and still the same height as when i first installed them.

i got 4.5 out of mine they broke in and sit at 4'', did you tighten the shackle bolts with the weight of the truck on the spring if not the bushing binds up and dosen't let the spring move

i got 4.5 out of mine they broke in and sit at 4'', did you tighten the shackle bolts with the weight of the truck on the spring if not the bushing binds up and dosen't let the spring move

Yeah, it did all the final bolt tightening after it was on the ground under its own weight. I was more worried about the shackle angle since they where leaning forward instead of backward after everything was tight. Now they are leaning further back. I should loosen the bolts off and re-tighten them, might allow the springs to sag a bit more.

No, I didn't have instructions I just tightened it while it was on jack stands. I will definitely try that. We are talking the lower shackle bolts right not the upper ones?

5" is common. I got 4.75" out of mine and they never settled to lower than that. Use a 0.75" spacer in the front to even it out.

Like I was saying, I'm really not worried about the extra height itself, that is to my advantage, but because of that I am getting vibrations out of the rear driveshaft. I will try putting it back on jackstands and loosening that bolt then tightening it up under the weight of the vehicle that might lower it back down. Thanks for all the replies.

No, I didn't have instructions I just tightened it while it was on jack stands. I will definitely try that. We are talking the lower shackle bolts right not the upper ones?

No,all the hardware(front ca's and rear leafs/shackle).

also along with this loosen your U-Bolts and retorque them with weight on the springs.

Yeah, I did RC 4.5 coils with 3/4" spacer in the front, and the 3.5 RE leafs with a tomken 1/2" shackle in the rear and it sits ass high, looks kinda whack. They're not broken in yet though so hopefully they'll sit about level with the front when they do

Back