• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 Question

Stukboy

NAXJA Forum User
I have a built 44 from a Waggy (4.88s, alloy shafts, warn hubs, locker, u-bolt yoke) the only thing it is missing is flat top knuclkes.
I found some on Ebay and am asking if these will work for my application.
They are from a Dodge Dana 44 W200 truck. They have the six bolts for the spindles but it appears that the bolts are slightly clocked forward.
My next question was will all my Waggy stuff bolt up? ie, spindles, calipers,. rotors.
I'm not worried about the drilling and tapping or the rod ends or tubing, just if these are a straight swap in place of my current knuckles.
This is for a trail only XJ.
Thanx for the input,
Stukboy

I'd probably ask around on some of the FSJ boards, or if your brave try pirate. They might have something for you after you get past the 'Get a 60' comments.

D44 stuff is all interchangeable. Waggy, Ford, Chevy or Dodge, it will all bolt together.

D44 stuff is all interchangeable. Waggy, Ford, Chevy or Dodge, it will all bolt together.

Just to clarify/expand upon what you're saying... yes; all the knuckles will interchange as far as compatibility on the inner-C side is concerned. However, some of the outers will, and some will not, for example the Waggy spindles/brakes etc can interchange with the Chevy but the spindles that came off of a Chevy knuckle will not bolt onto a Ford knuckle.

To the OP, I don't know much about the Dodge stuff myself, but you may have some luck looking at Mr. N's Dana 44 tech pages and spending some time sifting through the info there.

Thanx for the info guys.
I got my answer, I have a buddy that uses Dodge knuckles with the spindles, caliper brackets and rotors from a waggy. He said I may have to drill to caliper bracket depending if I put the tierod behind the axle or not.

I'd have to agree with 5spd-xj on the bolt up stuff.
Thanx again,
Stukboy

Back