• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

has anyone tried wild horses full size bronco gorilla warflares on their xj?

Not sure if they'd fit, but they look pretty good!

I've always wondered why it seemed that Bushwacker was the only company that made XJ flares. I would think a little competition might drive their prices closer to my budget!

-alopeks

I've thought about this a few times. They look great on Bronco's, but are still expensive for 4 pieces of cheap plastic. I'd rather spend a tad more and get the Rusty's flexy flares, at least they are molded to fit the XJ. The Bronco flares look way too wide.

my buddy has a set for his bronco, but hasn't put them on. i mated them up to my 2dr xj, and they looked great, but you'd hafta figure out something for the wheel well, like bending and welding some sheet metal. they look like they wouldn't stick out much farther than the stock flares, and wouldn't keep much mud off your ride. my tires stuck out quite a bit past these flares

Protofab has them on the black Xj they have on their website.

I've always wondered why it seemed that Bushwacker was the only company that made XJ flares. I would think a little competition might drive their prices closer to my budget!

X 2 on that........... On one of the forums this year a member had made some prototype flares for the XJ and was selling the prototypes but I havent seen anything else on it.

Rustys offroad makes fender flares for the xj. And the member you're talking about it jdougn. His custom fender flares are VERY nice. They look a lot like bushwacker, cost a lot less, and are more flexible like the rustys fender flares (if you hit the bushwackers on anything they will shatter). Unfortunately I PMed him and he currently unable to produce more right now and it may be for some time.

I've thought about this a few times. They look great on Bronco's, but are still expensive for 4 pieces of cheap plastic. I'd rather spend a tad more and get the Rusty's flexy flares, at least they are molded to fit the XJ. The Bronco flares look way too wide.

if you really wanna trim dont go with rustys. once you start to try and open them up to cover a larger openning they start to curl under at the corners

The bronco ones don't look like thay give much tire cover. Just from eyeballin it they would only give about the same coverage as stock XJ flares... I could be wrong though. I have the rusty's flares on my 89 and can clear my 35's easy. Just bought a set of the flexy ones for my 01 but haven't been able to put them on yet.

i had rustys with 7.5" and 35s. since i really started to actually wheel hard i needed to trim alot more. with the rustys you cannot trim very much at all without the flares curly under when you stretch them

Back