• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

building track bar

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well currently my old RE 1600 track bar is shot. the heim on the frame end is worn out, and the bushing on the axle end is long gone.

also where it bends its barely touching the oil pan, and has actually put a couple very small dents in it...so its time to build another one

goals....strong, simple, keep good drag link angles

with that said, i figure the rest of my steering is build out of 1.5X.25 inch DOM so i think that will be strong enough.

I would like to run a johnny joint at the axle end of this track bar, and a heim on the frame

any issues in this set up. it will see some street time, but is not my DD, and i dont want to go through the same bushing issues ive had already, so i figure nothing tougher then a joint, and heim.

I built a trackbar out of parts from ORGS Manufacturing (now owned by JKS Manufacturing.) A big spherical Johnny Joint at the frame end, and a stock style bushing at the axle end, along with 1.25" DOM tubing. P/N OGS950, and an OGS920 over-the-axle bracket. No issues in a couple of years of being a daily driver when I still lived outside of Chicago.

well the bracket stuff is already taken care off..im running a 44 up front, with TNT truss/bracket kit.

frame end im going with a RE drop bracket.

mostly just wondering if there was any downside with running solid joints at both ends. my steering is build out of 3/4 inch heims, and ive come to like easily being able to see any wear issues.

I built my track bar using a straight piece of 1.5"x.25" wall DOM with 3/4" heims on both ends. It works great, I'd prefer it over rubber bushings. Mines driven on the street some too but its not my DD

Back