• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

still ticking on hills (flexplate)

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well it seems my jeep just loves to have ticking flexplate issues.

background:

a few years ago, after blowing up the OEM motor, i go it replaced. when i got it back, i had a ticking noise, so i took it back to the garage that did the work for me. got it back...small bill, and we were good to go.

well a few months ago i went to replace my rear main seal. after finishing doing that, i fired it up, and what do ya know...ticking noise is back.

so at this point, i just call the shop, and ask if they remembered what they did to fix it. he mumbled something about shimming the cover up because it was making contact with the flex plate.

that made sense to me, because during the process of me pulling the oil pan i know i had bend in the inspection cover a bit, and it could be hitting.

well i pulled the inspection cover, and didn't see any marks on it from rubbing. fired it up, parked it on a hill, and it ticked just as bad.

i checked over the bolts, all tight, and absolutely zero cracking. im thinking about taking it back up there, and asking him to explain exactly what he did, but im at a loss. the only other "cover" i see up there is a piece that comes off of where the starter is, but it doesn't look close enough for contact either

any ideas?

Back