• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dumb question about my new shocks

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I bought some rancho rs5000 shocks(50% off at sears) and they should be here monday. What I'm wondering is, do the shocks come with the upper rubber grommets(front) or do I need to buy them from the dealer? Mine are pretty shot and was just wondering if they come on new shocks, I'm guessing not...

i cant vouch for rancho, but when i got my procomps they came with new rubbers with them, i think if you buy a quality part, they should come complete so that they cant point fingers if something goes wrong.

if they dont, tell sears and they should get you a some rubbers

Ok, I bought some rancho rs5000 shocks(50% off at sears) and they should be here monday. What I'm wondering is, do the shocks come with the upper rubber grommets(front) or do I need to buy them from the dealer? Mine are pretty shot and was just wondering if they come on new shocks, I'm guessing not...

Yes, they do. Occasionally the robots miss putting the parts pack in, so open the boxes and check for the hardware before you leave. In each box you should have: two cupped 'washers', a nut, two bushing 'grommets', a red boot, a RS5000 sticker, a red cable tie, and of course...a shock absorber. :p

It is rare that new shocks don't come with the upper grommets. Im certain that rancho will have shipped them. They will probably be a smaller diameter but that will be ok.

Awesome thanks guys, for some reason I was sure that the shocks wouldn't come with them. I guess it makes sense on their end if something goes wrong they want to be sure you can't blame the grommets.

Back