• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Solenoid kill switch

xjskaguy

NAXJA Forum User
So i want to completely cut out the battery when the jeep is stored but i don't want to run a thick battery cable to a in cab kill switch and back out. So i did some research and just need some missing info.

I read about racers who have taken a solenoid and ran the battery to one post of the solenoid, the a 12 gauge from a regular switch in the cab to the next post. Then a ground and finally on the last post continuing the battery circuit.

Anyone done this or have any ideas?

the post i read used a momentary switch but how does the circuit stay open and/or how does it shut off? So i was thinking about a reg. switch or a push pull (replacing the cig. lighter so it can look like a lighter and a anti-theft device so to open the battery circuit you have to pull out a switch like the one for the headlights...sorry thinking while typing) But if anyone can straighten up momentary or constant

So i want to completely cut out the battery when the jeep is stored but i don't want to run a thick battery cable to a in cab kill switch and back out. So i did some research and just need some missing info.

I read about racers who have taken a solenoid and ran the battery to one post of the solenoid, the a 12 gauge from a regular switch in the cab to the next post. Then a ground and finally on the last post continuing the battery circuit.

Anyone done this or have any ideas?

the post i read used a momentary switch but how does the circuit stay open and/or how does it shut off? So i was thinking about a reg. switch or a push pull (replacing the cig. lighter so it can look like a lighter and a anti-theft device so to open the battery circuit you have to pull out a switch like the one for the headlights...sorry thinking while typing) But if anyone can straighten up momentary or constant

Why not mount a kill switch right next to the battery since its just for storage. and unless the person knows, If anyone attempts to steal it won't start! :D

If you're talking about storage for a long period of time why not just remove the battery completely? With a socket should be able to get it out in less than a minute.

Back