• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone Rhino Lined their interior...

Jay S.

NAXJA Forum User
...and then installed the carpet back on top???
I want to kill some of the road noise but also want to reinstall the carpet back on top of the bedliner material.
Anybody done anything remotely like this????

I have it on my floor and then astroturf on top of it. It has helped a lot!!! (my jeep is green and so is the astroturf. I got it for free and it cleanse easily!!)

...and then installed the carpet back on top???
I want to kill some of the road noise but also want to reinstall the carpet back on top of the bedliner material.
Anybody done anything remotely like this????

If you are gonna do that just Dynamat it!

Yeah, very true. Sorry little on the tarded side right now! :D I'm sure it would be just like doing dynamat but not quite as quiet!

I did it...it proved to be pointless for noise cancellation. Not only that...but I flopped the rig (totaled it) before I ever got a chance to swamp the darn thing and have a use for the herculiner.

~Scott

I did it...it proved to be pointless for noise cancellation. Not only that...but I flopped the rig (totaled it) before I ever got a chance to swamp the darn thing and have a use for the herculiner.

~Scott

Ouch! That has got to hurt.

~Scott

I was thinking that Rhino would be better than Herc because it's thicker. Also, I want to put the carpet back in on top of the Rhino.

if your only looking to lower road noise you should use a product made for that purpose. chances are that if you use any kind of bed liner you won't get the results you where looking for.

(totaled it)

I feel your pain man! Mine was more because of a Stupid lady pulling out in front of me rather than putting it on its lid.

I was thinking that Rhino would be better than Herc because it's thicker. Also, I want to put the carpet back in on top of the Rhino.

Rhinoling is big $$$$$

Once I get some cash together I intend on puttting down some Second Skin dampening mat and ling over the top like this http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=87975&highlight=sound

He used this stuff for the 1st layer http://secondskinaudio.com/vibration-mat/damplifier-pro.php But this company has since came out w/their own bedliner mat. There was a thread started on their forum about bedlining http://secondskinaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3658 . Here is a thread how too properly prep the damplifying mat http://secondskinaudio.com/vibration-mat/damplifier-pro.php and a thread were someone their bedliner on an ineterior of a Zuk http://secondskinaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5973

I used a cheaper alternative to Dynamat called eDead which is about 1/3 the price, and as far as I know, is almost the exact same product.

I was able to do 2 layers on the roof, one layer on the floor, 2 layers in the doors, and several other pieces in other Jeeps, all for around $350. You can mix and match several different products they sell for different layers and you should come out with a lot quieter Jeep for less than the price of Rhino lining or Dynamat.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php?cPath=1_24

Now, if this is a Jeep that gets wheeled, I would go your original route of using a bedliner. I have found that Herculiner isnt all that much of a sound deadener, partly due to how thin it really is. I have read that people like LineX better, but I think that is more of a personal preference. If you can get Rhino liner cheap, go for it.

edit: I mean, Rhino lining is a ton better! Didnt see your reply about working at a dealer, so Im guessing that is far less than any other alternative you might have. Worse comes to worse, you can always add some sound deadener onto the top of the liner.

Just as a note, if you wanted the ultimate in durability, noise killing, and confort, you could lay down the sound mat (cheap stuff - eDead), then rhinoline it, and toss the carpet back on top. Either Peterson's or JP magazine did an article with a hot-floored truck, where they laid down heat and noise reflective mat, then topped it with bedliner. As I recall, it worked quite nicely.

:)

Just as a note, if you wanted the ultimate in durability, noise killing, and confort, you could lay down the sound mat (cheap stuff - eDead), then rhinoline it, and toss the carpet back on top. Either Peterson's or JP magazine did an article with a hot-floored truck, where they laid down heat and noise reflective mat, then topped it with bedliner. As I recall, it worked quite nicely.

What about putting Rhino Liner down FIRST and then putting DynaMat on top of that?

I'm sending my XJ in next month for a full interior R&R at Mount Zion Offroad and am having them Rhino Line the whole tub and then reinstall the carpet on top of that.

Noise deadening isn't my #1 objective (although any sound reduction would be nice). Primarily, I want the tub inspected, scrubbed, and coated to ensure decades more service with no fear of rust from water. I've used hard rubber mats for decades, so I am not expecting any major rust under the carpet.

What about putting Rhino Liner down FIRST and then putting DynaMat on top of that?

I'm sending my XJ in next month for a full interior R&R at Mount Zion Offroad and am having them Rhino Line the whole tub and then reinstall the carpet on top of that.

Noise deadening isn't my #1 objective (although any sound reduction would be nice). Primarily, I want the tub inspected, scrubbed, and coated to ensure decades more service with no fear of rust from water. I've used hard rubber mats for decades, so I am not expecting any major rust under the carpet.

They make Lizard Skin that does both!

This one can be a good alternative to Lizardskin--- hotrodders.com/threads/alternative-to-lizard-skin.103610/

Back