• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubber floor pan plugs?

arctycfox

NAXJA Forum User
ok, just finished welding up some patch panels in my pass front floor (never doin that again), and was wondering where I could get a hold of some rubber push in plugs to replace the rusted out metal ones. I have been searching and found a few plugs online for classic mopars and such, but none of them give the hole size. I just want a rubber firewall plug basically. I need 6, 1" plugs and 2, 1 3/8" i think. I tried going to few body shops and they were all closed for the holiday or weekend. Anyone on here work at a body shop, and can tell me if they'll even have what I need? Any help would be great.

TIA
Adam

I've been pulling them out of junkyards. ZJs have 1" plugs at the bottom of the A-pillar where it meets the front fender, and those are good for under the back seat, the cargo deck, and a few other places. Durangos have 1.5" that are good for the rear seat footwells.

For the big hole in the front seat footwells, True Value has a universal-fit disposal plug that drops right in, only problem is it's white instead of black.

Disposal_Floor_Plug.sized.jpg

try home depot or lowes, or any hardware store, in the hardware section in the pull out drawers. they usually have 1" plastic and/or rubber plugs that will work.

the plugs they sell at hardware stores are the stoppers that are used for sinks, they don't work at all

some of the places with Hillman hardware kiosks will have body plugs but they are typically the thin hard plastic discs that get deformed the first time they are used

Back