• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

in need of a 5/8 quick release bolt for my swing away..

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
heres my swing away, right now im using a 5/8 bolt and im snugging it down real tight with a wrench so it dont have alot of play in it... its 2 2x2 .120 wall square tubing with a 2.5" square tubing cap with a 1/2" plate for my mounting tab, i run the bolt thru the tab and the bottom square tubing for now until i can find a more secure setup.
IMG_0113.jpg

well i want a quick release setup like they use for bicycle hubs like this
bikebag002.jpg
or even something similar if anyone has a better idea to secure this thing down im down for better options, if not looks like i'll be carrying around my 1 1/8 wrench to open my swing away

A lot of folks have luck with the DeStaco clamps

This is a good idea though. Interested to see if anything turns up

destaco would be a good idea if i didnt need alot of clamping power to hold mine in place to keep it from giving it the whole forward motion towards my window =)

i got a little bit of play so im trying to do what i can to eliminate as much as i can.

Maybe put rubber bumpers on the liftgate like barbie jeeps have?

what are you using for a spindle? Is this not more of contributor to the play?

Maybe put rubber bumpers on the liftgate like barbie jeeps have?

what are you using for a spindle? Is this not more of contributor to the play?
its a spindle shaft... and i just sleeved it with a piece of pipe which was pretty snug, and welded the other arm to it ( its my swing away for under $50) no doubt that the shaft/pipe itself is where all the play is, but until i can afford to buy a JCR swing away, this is what im going to have to work with for now.

Back