• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tipped my jeep

rankertanker

NAXJA Forum User
tipped my jeep on passenger side last week while offroading. got it upright and still runs fine. im gonna have to replace the windshield the only problem is that the A pillar is some what bent in. it looks like a new windshield might fit except for the top and bottom corners where it seems to be pinched.

any ideas for straightening it out? i was thinking once removing the old winsheild just going at it with the biggest hammer i can find. or carefully grinding down the corner of the new windsheild if it is pinching.
also, plexiglass windsheilds? are they worth it?

Don't know what angle it's bent at but I'd probably chain the truck to a large tree and use a hydraulic ram on it (put a wood block to push against).
I wouldn't use a hammer since you'll just dent the local area without actually straightening anything.

Doesn't sound like it needs much, but push it just a little bit past the desired point since after a few days the metal will often relax back to where it was bent.

Post pics!

Pics? I did the same to mine. take out your interior and you can use a high lift. Your passenger door probably wont shut easily anymore. Porta power is a lot simpler but if you dont have access to one use a high lift and just jack it back to its original shape. Then use hammers and mollys to shape it.

Back