• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift kit

Looks like the 3" kit is spacers up front and ProComp AAL in the rear. They have a 2" kit that is spacers and an adjustable shackle. If this is a ProComp leaf it might mate to a bastard pack nicely for a little extra oomph.

almost certainly a SYE or at the least a xfer case drop.

:)
Fred

Not all jeeps are the same man! For 3 inches on an older rig most people don't have problems. 97+ rigs have more of a tendency of having driveline vibes so in those cases its needed.

Not all jeeps are the same man! For 3 inches on an older rig most people don't have problems. 97+ rigs have more of a tendency of having driveline vibes so in those cases its needed.

Whether the person feels driveline vibs or not, the fact still remains that without some driveline relief, the working angle of the u-joints will be outside of spec and will shorten their life ;)

Fred

Whether the person feels driveline vibs or not, the fact still remains that without some driveline relief, the working angle of the u-joints will be outside of spec and will shorten their life ;)

Fred

Yes it will but dropping the t case also put more load on the front driveshaft since it tilts the t-case/ engine ever so slightly. SYE is the Ideal thing to do but I ran for a long time with AAL's in the rear and I was getting ready to lift the front to match before its untimely demise And had some vibes but they weren't all that bad!!

All AALs are like the special someone you met while wearing your beer goggles--what seemed like a good idea at first is going to come back to haunt you .:twak:.

all these points are well taken. as i said, to good to be true!

when i asked this question on another board i was told by FrankZ "do it once, do it right". In my opinion your best bet would be to hold off for a while and save up the money for a better quality kit.

Back